SCHOOL CLOSURE DUE TO COVID-19
As we carefully follow CDC and health department guidelines related to COVID-19 and given that a state of emergency has been declared in Palm Beach County, we have made the decision to close school and all school-related activities effective Monday, March 16 through the end of the month. Monday will be an in-service day for teachers, and remote learning will begin on Tuesday, March 17. Spring Break will take place as scheduled March 23-27. We will follow the below schedule:
- Monday, March 16 – Professional Work Day to give teachers the opportunity to work on remote learning. Students may come to campus to pick up books/materials, preferably 8:30-9:00 AM but campus will be open until 2:00 PM.
- Tuesday, March 17 – Remote Learning Begins (teachers on campus)
- Wednesday, March 19 – Friday, March 20 – Teachers provide remote learning from home
- Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27 – Spring Break, No Classes
- Monday, March 30 – Remote Learning
- Tuesday, March 31 – Remote Learning (teachers tentatively on campus)
We will evaluate re-opening Wednesday, April 1.
Please note, we have established a page on our website where we are posting all COVID-19 updates. We are already experiencing issues with communications reaching intended recipients in a timely manner, and we only anticipate that these slow-downs and technological hurdles will continue. Please continue to check this page on the website for updates. Text messages will be sent in coordination with emails to inform you when a communication has been sent.
If students or parents are experiencing issues related to Google Classrooms, please email [email protected]
We are working on finalizing the remote learning schedule and directions for accessing the Google Classrooms. That will be sent in the coming days prior to the start of remote learning next week.
We know this is a challenging and unprecedented time for all of us. Thank you for your support as we work through continuing to educate your children from a distance. Our prayers are with each of you and our entire world as we work together to help slow down the spread of the coronavirus. We hope to see all of you sooner than expected!